Driver Candidate Qualifications
Before being registered as an ADTP Driver Candidate, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a clean Motor Vehicle Report.
- Have a clean background check.
- Have a current D.O.T. physical.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Are at least 21 years old and qualified to drive a motor vehicle.
- Can speak and read the English language sufficiently to converse with general public.
- Can safely operate commercial vehicles.
- Are physically qualified to drive a commercial vehicle in accordance with FMCSA.
Once the driver candidate has passed all prerequisites and has been registered on ADTProgram.com, they must complete the following 3-Step Driver Certification Process:
- A comprehensive online curriculum that culminates with online testing.
- 18 hours of behind-the-wheel training without packages on board in the presence of a qualified member of the ELDP Operation followed by a FedEx Road Test.
- The ELDP Operator must also verify proper insurance coverage to cover the driver while training (without packages) in truck.
- Qualified Observer- Any member of your organization that has been with FedEx for at least three years with no preventable accidents having occurred in the last three years.
- A list of Qualified Observers in your organization can be generated at the terminal.